Our Rich San Francisco History
Established in 1954 on Chestnut and Fillmore Streets in the Marina District of San Francisco, O' Sole Mio Restaurant became a venerable landmark in the City by the Bay. For over 40 years, O' Sole Mio was "The" Romantic Restaurant in Marina District of San Francisco.
In 1996, current owners John Hizy and Mario Macias, who were long-time employees of the family who started it all, moved to the present location in Millbrae. They painstakingly recreated the romantic ambience that was the hallmark of O' Sole Mio in San Francisco.
Original features from the legendary San Francisco locale have been salvaged to decorate the Millbrae namesake. Dine in grape-vined, trellis-covered rooms with clouded skies, complete with the sounds of your favorite 40's and 50's romantic melodies emanating from our original 1954 Seeburg Sound System, removed from the original O' Sole Mio and carefully reinstalled here.
O’ Sole Mio is a loving tribute to the past, complete with original fixtures, old-world food, and a taste for nostalgia worth traveling for.